Extreme PBR, People crowd and other addons don't work at Blender 4.0

Hello Everyone,
I recently upgraded Blender to version 4.0, and it seems that some addons, such as Extreme PBR and People Crowd, are no longer functioning. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Is anyone facing a similar issue or has any insights on how to resolve it?
Thanks,
Hernan

Well for every (every ! ) app… when there is an update then there are some problems for some addons/plugins… Especially when it is an Major version number change…

Luckily in the case of blender there are no problems using different versions side by side… even for the Minorr version number…

( the keyword here is “semantic versioning” )

…so everyone have to wait for the addon devs… to catch up… :person_shrugging: … or… just have look… on blendermarket for Extreme PBR there is stated ready for 4.0… so maybe also update… ? …use the contact adress after purchased the product… ?

…but i did not found People Crowd only Procedural Crowds…

1 Like

I wonder, did they ever actually commit to following semantic versioning scheme or are you just saying it because the numbering kinda resembles it?

1 Like

Since 2.83…

Blender version numbers changed to standard MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH format.

Thank you, Okidoki!
Scatter is not working as well

:upside_down_face:

I’d probably start by emailing/messaging the developer/seller on blender market (or where ever their store is) and ask them.

Or like Oki pointed out, check to see if they’ve already updated it first…

2 Likes

Geo-Scatter 5.4 ??? …blendermarket → 4.0

1 Like

I checked, and Extreme PBR and Geo-Scatter already released an update for Blender 4.0.
Thank you guys!

that alone does not a semantic versioning scheme make. Read the site I linked, an actual semantic versioning scheme is pretty strict.

1 Like

SourceIO, XNALaraMesh, and blender_mmd_tools aren’t working either.