Extrude multiple faces to same plane

Hi,

I just cannot get it done by myself although I have seen it several times in some tutorials how to do. So this is maybe a little embarrassing question…

I have the following situation:

I want to extrude all the selected faces (in fact all faces of the plane which I brought into the shape I needed) down to the bottom face of the surrounding box (yes, it shall became a beach scene).
So the faces on the left have to go a longer way down than the faces on the right and all faces should be rotated such that they have the same orientation as the bottom face of the box.
I remember that there was a technique which included extruding in combination with scaling in z direction. But whatever I do, it just does not work…

Thanks,
Maik

Move your 3D cursor to the target face, and then do the following:
A > E > Esc > S > Z > 0

1 Like

Exactly… :smiley:

After that I still have to do
G Z
and align with the plane. Although the 3d cursor is already placed on that bottom face of the box.
But at least all the faces of the plane have the same orientation and height after this “magic” key combination.

Thanks!

1 Like

Your Pivot Point was set to 3D cursor (.6) ?

This is definitely something I will look into. I have to admit: I don’t know.
“Pivot Point” is a thing I’m not actively working with, let alone that I had it on my mind (too much stuff since I consider myself a beginner, still).

I guess, that would spare me the final “G Z”?

It’s the center of all your transformations… bounding box, 3D Cursor, individual origins, median point or active element… so if you want to scale/rotate to/from/around a specific point…