Eye Rotations

Can someone explain to me why her eyeballs shrink when I rotate them? I just have a simple armature. Nothing fancy. No shapekeys, no key frames, no drivers.

Welp. I guess not

because some other bones than the one you want influence them? actually it’s hard to tell, maybe share your file: https://pasteall.org/blend/

Hi, this can be related to the axis location of the bone that controll the eyes.
If it is off center you will get this uneven rotation.
Or if the eyes are not a perfect shape sphere.

Pasteall has never worked for me. Here’s a file. It’s the same file from the last time you helped me. I’m not sure if he has his armature on or not. I won’t be able to check it for a long while. But here it is. Let me know if there’s no armature. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IeNelX-xRw2sF4gHZGcL3FUv_nuQY1ka/view?usp=sharing

Thanks. I’m not really sure how to check that though. My eyes aren’t perfect spheres. The irises are a different shape for realism. I don’t want to change that.

make sure that the eyes are 100% controlled by the bones? Select the eye vertices in Edit mode, go in the Properties panel > Object Data > Vertex Groups, on the right click on the down arrow and Remove From All Groups, then in the list select the right vertex group and press on the Assign button

I’ll do that. Thanks again, moonboots.

Even if that doesn’t work, I’ve been wanting to learn how to remove a weight paint from all others bones. If I have a weight paint that is connected to another bone and I don’t know which bone it is, I’ve been going to every other bone and hitting Shift K on each one individual bone. I’ve only hadn’t to do that a hundred times,… and it only takes forever. :man_shrugging:

yes it’s more convenient to do it through the Vertex Groups list and Remove Form All Groups. You’re talking about Shift K, what is if for?

I sets the selected faces/vertex to whatever your weight strength is. If I set the weight paint strength to 0.00, select the bone that I want to remove the paint for and select the faces/vertices that I want it erased from, pressing Shift K erases it.

ok thanks for the tip