F-101 Voodoo

Yes, that is a pilot relief tube.

3 Likes

Really love the cockpit, this gave me motivation to start posting about my helicopter project. Thanks.

1 Like

You sparked my curiosity. I just learned what a relief horn is- learn something new every day :grin:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing your work.

2 Likes

Got most of the markings done…

17 Likes

Looks fantastic. What all is left?

I need to have the client review the markings and fix anything that’s not correct. I’m also working on a low-poly version that can be used as a background asset. I’m not sure what the client will need in order to get it ready for the simulator.

2 Likes

this is incredible. so many details!

5 Likes

What simulator is your client building it for? Is it a commercial release for just for a hobbyist.

The VSN guys are working on a DCS community mod set of the century jets (currently have a really nice F-104G) and I’m sure would jump on making using your model for it.

Plus in DCS until MSFS2020 you can actually shoot other planes!

@JumpNShootman,

Sorry I haven’t gotten back to you more quickly. I’ve reached out to my client with your question. I’m waiting for a response.

I’m hoping somebody can give me some guidance on a rendering problem I’m having. Some of my renders have triangulated wire-frames on some of the parts. I can’t track down the cause of the problem, but I suspect it has something to do with my camera settings (I have the camera Start and End clipping settings pretty far apart 0.00305m to 15240m). My apologies if somebody has already provided a solution for this problem. I looked, but didn’t find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

General image:

Closeup of problem area:

Camera settings:

1 Like

Mark06GT,

I just wanted to thank you for your tutorials as you are building this aircraft.

Here is my much improved aircraft canopy after following your advice.

I also just got back from CFB Comox on Vancouver Island and took some pictures of the CF-101 Voodoo there in the outside air park. I would be happy to share the pictures with you if you are interested. Your CF-101 Voodoo already looks incredible!

Best regards,
Melo965

2 Likes

I’m really glad the tutorials are working for you. It’s nice to know they’re helpful.

I don’t think I need any more reference material for my 101, but I appreciate the offer.

Is the object with the wireframe on it a separate mesh parented to the model or a part of the main mesh? This affects where to look for the problem before reporting it as a bug.

If it is a separate mesh then look in the display settings for that mesh. It is possible to set this up by mistake.

If it is not a separate mesh then take a careful look at the material on that part of the mesh. After that check for edges defined as sharp. Sometimes this can happen by mistake during mesh editing and it can of course produce strange results. The other thing to check is the texture map on the object if it has one. It is possible to forget to switch off a template layer in your image editor, leaving the mesh as part of the texture map. I have done that more than once.

If none of that helps it might well be a bug.

Very nice to see this. I used to visit my grandmother in White Rock when I was a kid and Voodoo’s would fly over the house and rattle dishes right out of the cupboard!

It was awesome!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll see if any of your tips fix the problem.