f-curve key limiting

how can i make an f-curve modifier effect only a selected points or effect a specific time, if not how can i apply it to the curve???:spin:

well, one thing you can do is to keyframe the different values of your modifier. For example, if you have a built-in function that is a sin wave, just set its amplitude to zero when you don’t want it to affect the f-curve and then increase it’s amplitude value when you want the sin wave to start affecting the curve.

@loopduplicate
thanks, i tried it, but i can’t put a key frame on modifier parameters, any other solution would be welcome.

PS: did i mentioned that i work on 2.5 latest svn.

where are guys, still need some help?
am i doing something wrong in the post above !???

In 2.49 you could attach a hook to a point. This may be possible in 2.5. Then you could apply a single f-curve to the hook and it would affect only the point it is attached to.

In 2.49 you could attach a hook to a point. This may be possible in 2.5. Then you could apply a single f-curve to the hook and it would affect only the point it is attached to.

i don’t know 2.49, I’m working on 2.5 since three months
so i don’t know what your talking about, please some more details :slight_smile:

I think that it would be a good thing to contact Aligorith about this one. It’s only logical that you should choose to apply the modifier on the whole curve or on a range of keyframes, just like you would do with changing the type of interpolation.

Put your object in edit mode. Select a point and press CTRL-H. Choose Hook To New Object from pop up menu. Exit edit mode. Now you have a new object that can have its own f-Curve. But that empty/hook only affects the point it is “hooked” to.