F15 Eagle

F15 Ive been working on, always loved this jet as a kid so thought I’d try modeling one.
Used a bunch of different diagrams and photos so its not really accurate but I think its closest to an F15C.
Hopefully I can get some feedback.

16 Likes

I too use this method… When creating something original but not too out of proportion in terms of real life. I always get stuck in the perfectionist mood for it, which ultimately gets me nowhere, so I call it original work to make sense of what I do. After all it’s art! Anyway, cool renders!

1 Like

Thanks mate, yeah agreed, it does kinda upset the purest in me and I did think about fixing it to match a particular model, but the idea is to make a good picture in the end

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thankyou! Much appreciated

Great job! Do you model the panels and rivets or are they painted/textured?

1 Like

Thanks alot, the panels are modeled just used a boolean modifier to cut them in after applying the subsurf mod. Took me a while messing around with textures and the desplace modifier before i realised boolean was the way to go.

There is a a couple of little grills, (one behind the cockpit) that are just textures but pretty much everything else is modeled.
I need to finish the details in the cockpit its amazing how many dials and switches in a airplane