F2x Formula Car

Hi, I’m sharing with you a personal project that I’ve worked on this year, a modernized Formula 2 type single seater thought to have a more contemporary look, complete to scale with a fitting driver, V8 bi-turbo engine, gearbox and differential.

Rigging of the steering wheel to the wheels:

X-ray view where I tried to fit in some internal components: shocks, fuel tank, radiator, air intake, engine, turbos and their intercooler, gearbox, differential and wastegates exhausts.

Engine by Dust25
Skeleton by Saqibkazmy

Part of the fun was to conceive and place the decals, which I all did except for the HKS and Holley ones.

It’s my first time posting here so tell me whatever you think about it, or want to know about it. Thanks for watching.

62 Likes

Killer work :+1:

Overall in my opinion a flawless hard surface automotive piece so I’ve no crits and welcome too BA.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Love the 3rd one a lot! You have a distortion in the carbon fiber texture above the “A” part in “Dead by Dawb”

Really impressive work. Can we have some wireframes?

Thanks; yeah I noticed that, I think it’s due to the fact that I have an impossible surface here (when the quad is bent in a way that there’s a line in the middle, or however it’s called) and no matter how I subdivide it, it doesn’t go away…

Those are called non-planar quads.
Here’s more info on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F6EEQDtNSs

I like the lighting on this one. Good job!

1 Like

this is insane. great job. the color and carbon fiber and the lighting puts the scene in a great mood

1 Like

I am talking about the texture. It looks distorted.

@silex Do you want to see anything in particular?
@SpiritofK Thanks!
@usernew Yeah I know, I basically applied a PBR carbon fiber texture without UV unwrapping and at this point it is what it is, though I strongly suspect the non-planar geometry to be at fault

Oh, I can have a request! A diffuser!

@silex

Here you go!

1 Like