F5 and menu for pipeline and materials

in F5 when you normally go ino the menu window for Pipeline
you put your mouse on the combo box and get a new window with a list of material.:RocknRoll:

Strange behavior
I’v added 4 new material to my file with apprend and now the only thing i see when i select the combo box is add new and Bowsedatablock :evilgrin:

Why is it that i don’t see the list of material anymore:evilgrin:

Tanks & Salutations

RJ2005,

If you appended the materials only, then saved and exited Blender without assigning the materials to an object, they wont be there when you reopen the file. To prevent this, after importing the material, in the Links and Pipeline panel, click the F next to the material name. This will create a fake user of the material, and it will still be there when you reopen the file.

Attachments

no did not work - as soon as i append the material list i loose the material and i end up with the two selection add new or databrowsser instead of the whole list of materials!

i’m trying to import material from the librarie Matlib1 - if you have this Lib of material

Salutations

RJ2005,

I don’t have that blend file, but when I append any materials from any blend file that I do have, there is no problem, they show up right away in the selection for materials.

Click on DataBrowser, or use Shft-F4 (same thing) to get a list. What’s happening is that the list is too long to display in a menu popup.

%<

OK Then what is the maximum number of materials can it show up?
I have something like 45 materials

i made a copy of the file remove 1/3 of the materials and then try the append again and it did the same thing !
There is something else going on during the transfert of the data - but don’t know what to do against it ?
how to bring back the little window with all the name of the materials

Salutations

how to bring back the little window with all the name of the materials

Save and reopen your file do delete all unlinked Material data.

%<

i tried another tesst by loading the object insterad of the material and it did the same thing
the only way now is to create by hand the different materiel !
Salutations