Fabric does not stop wobbling

Hey everyone,

I try to animate a parasol, but when the parasol it’s closed, the fabric is wobbing.
I think it’s a problem with the self collision.
There is the part where you can see the problem.

And here are screenshots from my settings.

I watched many tutorials on youtube and play around with the settings, but I can’t fix the problem.

I hope you can help me.

(I feel sorry because my bad english, I hope you understood my problem)

Try resetting your Thickness outer and inner…you have specified a cloth collision distance of .01 and an outer thickness of .02, and an inner distance of .2, try setting this one to .02 as well.
If still wobbly adjust till it gets better…adjust the impulse clamping on objects and self-collisions as well.

1 Like

Ok, I will try it at home.
I have to do this vor my work because my company wont spent money for a professional.
But my workstation has a nVidia Quattro P620. Its terrible to work with blender.

1 Like

Also in the cloth cache settings you can stop the sim once the umbrella has folded. (simulation start - simulation end values)

2 Likes

I know.
But I move the parasol after closing and this looks wired with no cloth animation.

Thank you, it’s looks a bit better.

1 Like

Honestly if you are just rendering that little animation cut the simulation short and keep the last frame throughout the rest of the animation.

Ah nvm. That answer was supplied my bad.

Another workaround would to be create a simplified mesh, simulate that and and then use the mesh deform modifier to have the complex mesh follow the simple mesh.

This is one of the most powerful modifiers in blender for solving random issues.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/deform/mesh_deform.html