FaceGen 3.01, the future of facemaking.

Did you saw this demo program ?

http://www.facegen.com/modeller.htm

SI are really doing a great work with this one…
i might even buy it, only US$ 459

yeah right.

but still it’s looking much like makehuman. but for faces only,
and the ability to take photos and make a 3d face model with uv mapping is reallllllly nice.

Can’t believe this didn’t get any replies!

Price is down to $300. The faces look good to me - you’d have to be a kickin’ artist to do better, and it would be expensive timewise.

Does anyone think Blender can import the Maya morph targets?

@ Jeremy Ray,

If you think that this is cool you can down load the demo. I did quite some time ago.
There were some things about it that I didn’t like…can’t remember now just exactly
what…maybe UV export resolution size limits? Any way the point for my response
is this: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=5259&trid=997932881
It’s called Face Shop Pro…price $59.95. Check it out you might like it.
But I think honestly that you can get better results with Blender with a little work.

PMM

Well i tried the demo. Results look good and will look even better if you retouch the UV-mapping at some neuralgic points (sides, neck, top of the head). The problem with Facegen seems to be their license. As every model is just a morph of the base head they can be quite easily recognized. I think it’s good for Renderings, but for realtime game engine projects you will have the following obstacle:

If you want to sell or distribute the 3D models themselves - for instance as part of a software product - you need a Re- Distribution License
quoted from their website.

Then it won’t be useful for non-commercial projects anymore, cause that will cost half a fortune

If you want to sell or distribute the 3D models themselves - for instance as part of a software product - you need a Re- Distribution License quoted from their website.

Then it won’t be useful for non-commercial projects anymore, cause that will cost half a fortune

What’s the policy on that kind of thing for makehuman?

Make human is a nice package, but there are times I could see this package being extremely useful for those of us who are none 3D modellers and need to make a quick CGI head for a scene. $300 is something I could recoup in a single project.