Facing a problem in rigging a car

hi guys
i watched many tutorial how to rig a car and followed each step but i get the car parts separated when i reach final step
i attached image

Please add your file, or Show us the rig setup in detail. It is a bit hard to pinpoint what is wrong here from the screenshot alone

But my first guess would be that you parented stuff wrong. ANd that the Tires and their controllers are Parented to the root instead of the car body. Can you show us your bone hierarchy and constraints?

1 Like

i really appreciate your reply …

i have never used Blender in my life and this was my first try
that’s why i might not understand some the things you wrote

what do you mean by this “Can you show us your bone hierarchy and constraints?”

this is the WeTransfer link because i can’t attach file i am new to the forum

Okay this rig is broken. Like… a lot. I’ll fix it tonight and then get back to you :slight_smile:

Okay, the wheels are in the right place now!

You had to flip the track axis of MCH-Root.Axle.Bk

i really appreciate your effort … i didn’t expect this thank you so much
but can you explain at least so i can do car rigging correctly next time

I can’t give you a full explanation on this, since I did not have that much time to study the rig and its mechanics, and I don’t know which tutorial you used.

But I selected one of the tires and went backward in it’s hierarchy and constraints, to understand what influences what. There I noticed that most of the rig was flipped on its back. But when rotated 180 degrees it fit almost perfectly. So I figured a parent bone must have a constraint that was set wrong since it looked completely different in edit mode. (NOTE: In edit mode, constraints and poses are not active. It is the rig in its “Base Form”)
So I went “backwards in hierarchy” piece by piece, hid one constraint after another, to see which constraint was causing the issue. There I found MCH-Root.Axle.Bk. When the “track front axle” was turned off, it flipped. So it had to be that one. I chose another axis to track and then it fit right.

Turned out, it wasn’t as broken as I anticipated. That’s cause I barely understood the mechanics on my first glimpse

And that’s it. Good luck with your project

thank you so much