Fairytale Village

Hmm…maybe i can talk my friend who is into maja, to convert to blender:)

Wow, fantastic work!! I love your style. Keep at it, Madrid! For really intense renders, have you tried rendering through the command line? It can cut your time in half!

Really good work. I was thinking of doing something this style with a house that I modeled, and now I see this in the top row (the house is in my sketchbook).

This is great! Will you populate it with any characters?

Stunning work!!!

Looks like Shrek could walk through there, along with Ginger. You model almost all aspects of that then? Quite some detail. I know certain modifiers also help to create effects for objects like the Smoothing.

Well actually I’m super serious and I would be super interested in cooperating with you on a tutorial about your work.
you have one of the most recognisable style here, I knew it was you at first site.
Each time you post a new thing, it’s just a pure pleasure for the eyes.

I spent so much time stuck on your artworks, every details, composition, the power of your colours… It´s just amazing.
I do have an idea of the whole process but I’m sure I could learn a lot and this would certainly be an amazing medium for tutoring.

i think it would be a great breath toward all these “create a realistic thing” tutorial.

whatever, just wanna confirm you how I admire your work

I love it. Cute, whimsical, clean toon curves, look, & feel… bravo! Also, looking at your blog, you have certainly evolved a distinctive style - I like it. Honestly love the piece. :slight_smile:

If I had to find something to critique (and it’s not easy to find) - the composition of the piece feels a little busier than it needs to be. I feel the curves are drawing the the eye around the image without a set target. I put together an image to illustrate what I’m talking about.

It might not seem like much, and in a motion clip it wouldn’t be, but one of the simplest things I learnt from watching the FZDSCHOOL videos on YouTube was how lines in a still image draw the viewers attention around the scene depicted. By controlling the lines, you control the viewer’s focus and can be used to highlight the “feature” or tell a story without the beholder realising why they got there.

As I said though, not a big deal given the quality and if this were simply a snapshot of a moving clip - you could ignore everything I said :slight_smile:

beautiful work, love the style.

Karim Eich: thanks for your congrats! Aha, ok, i thought that it was other thing. Well, really I didn’t watch it, thanks for your point of view.

Harleynut97: thank you very much. Yes, I have to make some close up renders, I have little time, but I want to make it soon.

Arev: sorry, I don’t undestand you, my english not is very good jeje.

LetWriterWrite: thanks my friend! What is command line? I don’t know what it is, but I am interested if it can help to render more fast.

GPS14: Thank you very much! I have saw your thatched houses in your sketchbook, I like them! Keep it up and thanks.

Symbiob: Thanks! Jaja no, I can’t make characters too, it would be too work for me, but it would be more beautiful. Thanks!

Fatesailor: thanks my friend!

Modelinblender: thank you very much! Yes, I used a lot of modifiers for make this cartoon style, for example lattice deform and simple deform.

Pieriko: Thanks Pierrik, I know you want that I make a tutorial with my artwork, but it is dificult for me. I need a job now, i haven’t got it and make a tutorial would be very long time for me. My english doesn’t help for it, but the principal reason is the little time I have. Only make my artworks takes me too time, and I am 33 years old. In any case, I think you have more knowledges than me about Blender, you know that I am a fan of yours. But I promise submit more info about this artwork. Thanks my friend.

Btolputt: thank you very much! I apreciate your words. Your comment is very interesting. Can you say me how would be better the lines direction? I am agree with you, so I am interested in it, Thanks!

KenD: thanks Ken, I am glad you like it!

stunning work, congratulations.

This is awesome. very inspiring.

Your style looks very familiar to some famous artist but I cannot remember which one. Anw, good job :smiley:

Beautifull work :slight_smile: I plan recently to do such a buildings like that inspired a buildings near my village. I want to do it more fotorealistic but your fairytale style is rly awesome and inpired.

Sweet! really great scene and setup. Can share your settings for that thatched roof in the back? Im testing one myself but it uses a group of planes mapped with texture, but i dont think it the real deal. This looks really well, most be super hi poly

Thank you very much to all by your encouraging words.

MmAax: I love your artworks, a very master of Blender.

DOMO79: thanks friend! I am happy by your words!

pineappleee: jeje, thanks. It is an honor for me if my work remember you to a famous artist. Thanks!

Wilku84: thanks! Wow, you are fortunate If you live in a european medieval style village. Thanks for your comment friend.

Rombout: Thanks! Yes, i tell you. I used this tutorial for make the particles of thatched roof. I show you an image with particle edit configuration and with the material. I link the texture page I used too. Any question answer me please. Thanks!

Hey Madrid82! Awesome work! Did you use any references of existing houses? I’m just curious how you would translate a building from the ‘real’ world to this fantasy style.

is all this mostly hand painted, its just so beatiful!

Very cool!!

Well done lad. looks alright