Fallout 1:18 Die-Cast Vehicles

These are some of the cars I made for The Wand Company’s Fallout 1:18 Die-Cast series.

The Fallout vehicles were designed by the amazing Ilya Nazarov who checked and approved my versions before they went into production

This image shows my render (top) vs the final production model (below) followed by wireframe and solid views. The vehicle is the Nuka-Cola Truck which actually only ever appeared in the game as a toy:

I also created this postcard image in Blender, rendered in Cycles, which was included in the final product pack. The Showroom and other scenery you can see in the background are full 3D and was used for various promotional materials including posters and fake newspaper clippings.

The image below shows my render (top) vs the final production model (below) followed by wireframe and solid views of the the Fusion Flea in limited edition racing livery:

Here are a couple of Cycles renders of the limited edition ‘Slocum’s Joe’ release (I used Blender Gurus ‘Pro Lighting: Studio’ to create the render scenes)

This is the Pick-R-Up Truck I made for The Wand Company’s Fallout 1:18 Die-Cast series. This example is a special super limited edition paint-job that I got to design for a select group of Fallout collectors- based on some of the in-game graphic design for the Nuka Cola drink.

And here is a look at the model in wirefame and solid view…

I was privileged to be able to design the Fusion powered engines for the vehicles- this was a lot of fun and they had never been revealed in the Fallout universe before. The engines glow blue when you open the hood and have a removeable glow in the dark power core. This is a photo looking under the hood of the production model Nuka-Cola Truck, Pick-R-Up and Fusion Flea.

And here are a couple more Cycles renders of the Pick-R-Up with wireframe views…

I made these models based on reference from the Fallout games and the original concept artwork as unfortunately the original CG models were unavailable when we started production.

They were built in Blender and rendered using Cycles. The Die-Cast series are official Bethesda collectibles featuring cars from the pre-war Fallout universe.

The CG models were built to be fully 3D printable to check scale, functionality and quality as well as a reference for the factory

I worked on a bunch more of the vehicles and will add some more pics soon!

29 Likes

So cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Anderson! It was a great project to work on :+1:

Beautiful! Well done!

1 Like

Thanks Christoffer! Glad you like it.

I’ve just updated the post to include a few more vehicle shots…

Cracking stuff! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks colkai- loved making these! :grinning:

good job, would like to be able to model like that too!

1 Like

Thanks! Your stuff looks great to me- I’ve been modeling for quite a long time and I’m still learning!

1 Like

It shows, they are cracking! Grew up witrh Die-cast cars, even now, heading towards 60, I still love 'em.

I’m a child of the 70s - had the Corgi Batmobile with firing rockets and chain cutter- lethal lump of metal :grinning: so getting to work on a die-cast series has been a dream come true!

1 Like

Edit: Added some new images of the Nuka-Cola Truck

@mattbag3D Outstanding works here Sir! :sunglasses:
I like overall: concept, design, textures, lighting, viewplans, PBR shaders as well. I hope you share the blends some of these for testing purposes😉

@odil24 Thanks! I really appreciate your comments! I can’t share the Blender Files because it was a commercial job, but lighting is from Blender Guru’s ‘Pro Lighting: Studio’ and the car paint shaders are pretty much CG-Lion’s ‘Car Paint Preset Pack’ with a bit of tweaking for decals. Both are available on Blender Market :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thanks Bart! That’s fantastic news :grinning: hope you have a great weekend too!

1 Like