Fallout: A Hollow Flame - fan cinematic made in Blender

Hello there!

Posted this in “Animations” but, I guess I should’ve posted it here first.

Finally, I completed a short fan cinematic in the Fallout universe, and proud to share it with you.

I’ve been working on it for a long time, with long gaps between “working sessions”, and, to be frank, I was exhausted by the end, but I’m happy with the result anyway!

Here is a short list of software I used in the making:

Modeling, unwrapping, environment and procedural textures, rigging, animation, and rendering are done in Blender.

Object textures are done in Substance Painter.

Motion capture was done with the help of iPi Soft and Kinect 360 (worked like a charm!).

At first, I thought to do the compositing and grading in Blender too, but ended up using DaVinci Resolve (used it for sound editing as well).

Logo and emblems design was done in Krita.

Rendered in EEVEE, used V-pass from Cycles as a motion blur, to speed up render times.

It was a big project for me, but a big achievement as well. I was always fascinated by cinematics (videogame trailers, short CGI cinematics, that kind of stuff), and always wanted to create something similar. So this is my attempt to create something similar in my beloved universe.

thumbnail

51 Likes

Google sheet with full software, music, SFX, and additional assets list: Fallout: A Hollow Flame Cinematic | Full Attribution and Info

1 Like

Really nice. Smooth, well-done animation. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Glad that you liked it!

You made this by yourself? Great work!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words!
Yes! All by myself, excluding sounds (although I mixed several sounds from free libraries in one and alternated them heavily), and music.

1 Like

Hello there,

I posted some additional materials on Artstation, welcome, if you are interested :grinning:

Fallout: A Hollow Flame cinematic Artstation

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Oh, that’s awesome!! Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Whoops, I posted the wrong link. Frrrriiday!

I’ve already found it on Blendernation :smiley:

Thanks again!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Great work ! as an old fallout fan, I love the mood, the modeling and the animation.

1 Like

wwwoooow amazing workk

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Whoooa!
Now I want more of this :smiley:

1 Like

Jesus christ that is so cool and impressive. How lond did this take you to make???

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Thank you! Oh, too long to be honest, a couple of… years? Worked on it after work and set it on pause for half a year several times

1 Like