Fantasy Landscape

Hey Everyone,

This is my latest render focusing on sculpting with dynamic topology tools. It’s a study of nature renders, lighting, and atmosphere, as always, using only procedural textures. The glow affect is what really emphasises the fantasy aspect.

I modelled a deer and placed it in the scene to see if adding a focal point would look cool, but I decided to stick with a landscape render fit for a wallpaper, and overall just a good learning experience to improve my skills.

What do you guys think?

Here’s a viewport screenshot:

Feedback and comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,

Eli

HI,
this is truly an amazing work and i would say that your sculpting skills are top notch :slight_smile:

Looks great. Texturing and postprocessing really does bring it to life.

Thanks so much, WinterCG! I put a lot of work into this project, and your words mean a lot to me.

PS. I remember first noticing your entry for the Dreamland competition in the comments section of the BlenderGuru page, and I knew right away you had some great potential there – your work was awesome, and you should keep on creating!

Cheers!

Eli

10/10
Really like the sculpting and postprocessing is great also.

Thanks so much! I’m glad all the work I put into forming the atmosphere paid off!

looks like a painting - crazy rendering man!

I think not adding the deer was a wise choice, the landscape speaks for itself. Did you do any post processing, or are the effects all done in blender?

Hey vjoe1985, I agree that cutting the deer was worth it. It allows the viewer to focus on the landscape and take in the entire atmosphere.

Everything is done within blender – I also rendered out a mist pass, an AO pass, and used a gradient for colour correction. I also used the film setting in the colour management section.

I tend to like doing everything within Blender, just a personal preference.

Thanks for the comment!

Thanks so much dark memories! Your support is very encouraging!