Fasian the III

Hello everybody! This is my very first post for my very first (WIP) creation: myself. Or maybe…at least an attempt of doing it :confused:.
Since I started using Blender about 2 months ago, I followed tons of tutorial from these amazing guys:
https://www.youtube.com/user/FcGrreat

Here there are some pics of the finished mesh , although I think some improvement in shoulder topology will be needed. The model is composed by 23’000 faces (including eyes and polygonal transparent hair). I applied a texture map (derived from projection painting and adjusted with GIMP), a normal tangent map and a bump map (that might need a manual cleaning) on the body and a texture and alpha map on the hair polygon strips.
The name “The third” comes from the fact that, actually, the first attempt was a huddle composed by triangles, squares, pentagons…exagons…watheverons and, involuntarily, some non-Euclidean geometry :D, while the second attempt was built considering a poly-budget of 10’000 and I quit as I realized it was too little :(.
Right now I’m a little bit stucked with rigging, so wish me luck!
Please, feel free to comment, criticize and give me any kind of advice :yes:.

Oh, by the way, I used photograph reference for the whole body so…since that day I didn’t felt like taking pics regarding my penis front and side…my character is dong-less :confused: …VALAR MORGHULIS MY FRIENDS!!!

Attachments

Enabled colour map and…hair polygon! Let’s say…a second puberty!

Attachments

Here is the character rigged with BlenRig 4.01 from Juan Pablo Bouza
Link for the download of the rigging cage: www.blendswap.com

Attachments