FBX Bundle

Hi, thanks for the great addon. I experimented a bit and it seems like empties are more or less completely ignored when exporting to Unity? I often set up transform hierarchies (nested empties) to simplify moving a bunch of geometry without changing the geometries pivot point itself. Is there a way around that? Blenders native fbx export exports empties fine as gameobjects.

I work with CAD Data and loads of seperate small objects that’s why I have to have such a workflow (and why the Merge Meshes / Split by Material modifier is so cool)

Thanks!

@renderhjs When will this addon be updated to support blender 2.8?

3 Likes

Would it be possible to batch import fbx files and automatically save them to .blend?

I would like to batch convert assets.

It’s a fantastic addon! I do have one request that would help my workflow - Blender to Unreal. I’ll set empties on an object to be used as sockets in Unreal, and right now I have to fall back to the standard FBX exporter as FBX Bundle doesn’t include empties on export. Being able to include empties in bundles would be a big help!

1 Like

Now that Blender 2.8 is officially released, would you consider updating the addon if you find time @renderhjs ? :slight_smile: It has proven to be really useful and saved me many, many hours.

2 Likes

@renderhjs I hope this is alright with you, I’ve attempted to port your addon to blender 2.8 myself.

FBX Bundle for blender 2.8:
You can find it here.

It’s not super tested, so make sure you backup your work before using it!

6 Likes

Has anyone tried exporting to Rhino 5 or Rhino 6?

can be export OBJ format??

I forked repository on yours, bundle by group errors fixed. It here
Thanks for your attempt.
I’m waiting for official support Blender2.8 by @renderhjs

1 Like

Great work! I am not sure renderhjs is still working on this tool though.

I think someone else can continue this legacy and make this addon great again, since the original developer isn’t able to manage it. Great addons shouldn’t be allowed to die.

Is it possible to fix the issue with bundle name adding .001, .002 extension to exported meshes? Using “parent” or objectname bundle with adds increments to the exported objects since Blender can’t have the same names on 2 objects. Also at this point I think we can change the name “Group” to "Collection for more clarity.

I fixed the name “Group” to “Collection”. You can download.
The issue with bundle name is need to investigate. It’s hard for me to fix right away.

1 Like

Awesome work
I was so sad that my favorite export tool wasn’t supported anymore and all paid addons does’t have the functionality fbx bundes had which I need.
Thank you so much for bringing it to 2.8

Thank you very much. But most are the achievement of @Tili_us.

@koji-b4 :pray: :pray:

Is it okay I cherry pick some changes you did to the tool to my repo on github?

1 Like

of course.

First off, thank you so much to everyone who’s worked on this, this is going to be a huge timesaver for me.

Is there any chance that we could get Collection Instances added as exportable objects?

I made a fork of this project with added support for empties, armatures and instanced collections. I also changed they way modifiers are applied and selected (more similar to how mesh modifiers work). Bundles also work in a different way, they are created and stored in the scene, they are not based on the current selection.
You can check it out here: Bundle Exporter

6 Likes

It’d be nice to pick one of these forks, and get everyone to focus their effort together to fix bugs and add modifiers/features! :slight_smile: Thanks for all the work, everyone! This kind of stuff should be built-in by default!

1 Like