FBX Bundle

Beautiful work AquaticNightmare, I’m testing out your changes and so far I’m really like what I’m seeing, the modifier overrides are a great idea, as is the ability to export without having to have an object selected.

Also, agreed with Kleptine, would love to see this shipped with Blender, these tools are fantastic.

Thank you for your kind words thegameboy :blush: I keep improving the addon with new features when I feel like I need them for my workflow. You can see new releases and the added features here.
The latest releases have a bunch of options for exporting actions, and an auto-updater so it is easier to keep track of new releases.

2 Likes

Hey when I try to install the latest (2.1.1, happened with 2.1.0 as well) I’m getting this error:

Edit: Just tried installing 2.83 to see if that would fix it, I’m still running into the same error.

Sorry about that, I didn’t even try downloading the releases from my own repository to check them. Apparently downloading the release adds the release name to the downloaded file (and folders inside the zip) and python/blender can’t load addons with dots in the name. I’ve replaced all the dots with underscores, try downloading it again.

1 Like

No worries at all, and thanks for responding so quickly! It’s working now. :slight_smile:

I am running into another issue with the default ‘BGE_unity’ export preset; with other versions of the plugin I was able to export objects with 0,0,0 rotation in Blender, and then in Unity they’d also come in at 0,0,0, but now I’m getting a -89.98 degree rotation on X in Unity:
Blender:
Unity:

My workaround has been to just set up a custom FBX export setting with ‘Apply Transform’ checked:

Thanks for pointing it out. Apparently I missed a couple of variables when creating the unity preset :sweat_smile:. It should be fixed with the new version.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you again for the quick response.

Amazing fork! Love the fact that we can save bundles in the scene and export with a single click. Is there any possibility of adding custom export paths for each separate bundle?

Thank you mrgesy :slight_smile: you should be able to achieve what you want by applying a “Rename” override modifier( on the bottom, just below the current bundle info) to the bundle you want and edit the path field. You can just paste the full path there or export to a subfolder using something like this “{path}/my_subfolder”

1 Like

Hey, I’m running into an issue with the exporter that I’m not sure how to resolve;

If I have objects in a parenting heirarchy and export to Unity, in Unity from the second child object onwards they have different rotations than what’s in Blender:

Do you know if this worked in the original FBX bundle addon? I’ve found this link that tells you to first rotate by -90 in the x, apply transforms and rotate it back 90 in the x again. Tell me if this works. Maybe i could add another modifier that does this?

edit: nevermind, I think i found a solution. I disabled that bake transforms experimental feature from the unity preset and I’ve created a new modifier that should fix the rotations for the objects. I’ll upload the modifier in 4 or 5 hours from now

1 Like

Hey again, I just tried out the update, the Unity Rotation Fix modifier did it. Thanks so much for your help!

The rotafix does fix the issue but not completely. I noticed my object still had a rotation of 0.002. I enabled the experimental feature in the script and it fixed it completely. Maybe to include that tick box in the addon?

How can I set the pivot of the merged objects to the local empty pivot during export? It moves the object to the center using the “pivot” but the actual physical pivot is off somewhere in empty space.

In the image the pivot point of the mesh should move to the “empty pivot” but instead stays in the same point after export.

Here the pivot is totally kicked off to some random point, instead of using empty local empty.

It seems the order of something in the script is causing the issue. It seems like the algorithm merges the meshes, does a “Apply location” which moves the origin to the 0,0,0. Then moves the whole mesh using the empty as the parent so its in the center. This causes the original physical origin of the object itself to become displaced.

Also just wanted to say that its a really fantastic addon. Makes exporting objects so much fun and simple. Thank you!

Thanks for the report :slight_smile:
I’ve created a new release (2.2.2)
I increased the precision of the rotations I make for the fix rotations for unity. Please let me know if the rotation issue keeps appearing. (just in case I also added the experimental preset)
As for the merge modifier, you were right, I wasn’t taking into account the pivot of the bundle, this should be fixed now.
I’ve also added the modifier “Set origin to pivot” which was there since the beginning but was not implemented and I ended up deleting some releases back. But now it’s back, and working.

Thank you for the support! Works great. Do you have a gumroad/paypal? Would like to buy you a cup of coffee :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you mrgesy :blush: I’ve added a link for donations to my blenderartists profile.

1 Like

Hi ,thanks for keeping this addon alive. Is it possible to export the textures ,Compatible with Unity’s standard shader. Unity uses metallic smoothness maps Combined into Red and Alpha channels.

There is a modifier that exports all images found in the materials of the objects being exported. But there is no option to pack them into different channel.

There should be other addons that let you pack textures, and once you have it packed, if you connect it to one of the exported materials, the modifier should find it and export it.

I have another addon in the works that is focused on baking, and I might touch on this subject some day (packing textures). But I don’t know if this feature should be included in this addon or in the other one.

It would be awesome if this was a blender bundler too that would do what I describe in my post below, but in one click.

I think what you’re looking for is GroupPro https://gumroad.com/l/GroupPro/

1 Like