Is it possible to export LOD tree (multiple lods in single file) to UE4 without having the need of exporting each individual LOD level?
- create an empty with the name “LOD_ObjectName”
- create a custom property on the empty: name = fbx_type, value = LodGroup
- parent each object (LODs and original object too) to the empty
– order of parenting matters, not prefix in the name
– original object should be parented last
– e.g. LOD1, LOD2, LOD3, LOD0 (original object)
- select the empty and all the objects
- this works for static meshes, though last time I tried with a skeletal mesh, the order in UE4 was not always correct
Pain in the ass, so just use this addon to automate it or write a python script.
the addon discovers LODs by object name prefix