Featured Row Bug

A featured row item includes title text overlaying the thumbnail image. Clicking it goes to the featured topic including the image. However, there is an inconsistency to where you go when you click.

If you click the image below the title text, you get the first post of the topic. If you click the title text itself or the empty space to the right of it, you get the second post. This seems wrong since if you’re clicking a featured image, you want to see the image(s).

@bartv Bump, anything? Desktop browser, Chrome, Windows if that helps pin it down.

There’s an additional wrinkle to this as well: If you happen to click the space below the title text, nothing happens at all. A margin or something is eating the click.

Most of the time when I try to use the featured row, the wrong thing happens.

Thanks for reporting! I’ll try to take a look at this during the coming holiday break.

1 Like

I don’t know if you got a chance to work on this but here’s a fix for the click eating in the desktop_theme CSS:

.featured-topic-wrapper .featured-topics .featured-topic h3 {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 1em 0 1.5em;
  font-size: var(--font-up-2);
}

should be:

.featured-topic-wrapper .featured-topics .featured-topic h3 {
  // margins don't eat clicks like padding
  margin: 1em 0 1.5em;
  font-size: var(--font-up-2);
}

I can’t fix the bug where clicking the text goes to the wrong post since that’s in the forum software but I imagine the right code is directly above where it creates the link for the background-image or maybe just changing a 2 to 1 if it’s a direct link with a post number tacked on.