Feedback wanted on an ongoing Orc bust sculpture

I’m working on a creature bust and currently I’m trying to establish the proportions as close as possible to the concept below. So far I haven’t opened the mouth yet nor added the teeth, which are a major aspect of the character.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could ask for constructive criticism on the progress so far as I want to make sure the foundations are right and then go for the next stages.

Ultimately, this is the concept I’m after:

7 Likes

Looks like a very solid sculpt to me. :+1:

1 Like

Looks pretty good to me, especially if you’re not going for an exact 1 to 1 recreation of the reference. If you are, the cheekbones could maybe be a little more defined under the eye, and it looks like the pointy part of his ear is flatter to the ground in your reference. Your nose also has more of a human feel to it.

1 Like

Thanks, guys. I’m having a bit of a hard time to break away from the human look. Initially this project started out as an anatomy practice of the male face but then I wanted to expand it into something that is more related to my interests, namely creatures and monsters.

As @G_De said though it does still have some humanity in it. Even my wife confirmed that…