Female Base Mesh - WIP

Hi all,

Been a while since I’ve posted a WIP project here. I’m hoping to get a little feedback as I go.

I’m creating a base mesh which I can use for future projects. I make a lot of 3D printable stuff, and I’ve been wanting to do some human characters, and so want a base to use, so I’m not starting from scratch every single time.

At the moment, I’m sculpting the head. I’ve never sculpted a head before, but I don’t think it’s going too badly. I’m following this Z-Brush guide, which translates quite well to Blender:

This is what I have so far:

I do have a reference which I’m loosely referring to, but I’m trying to keep it fairly generic.

I’m looking for general critique. I’m not particularly interested in extreme, realistic details which may or may not be present…like “ooh, your cranial humonium bone muscle is missing” (yes, I made that up). I just want to know that things are more or less in the right place, and nothing looks really off.

I have made little to no effort for the neck, as of now, so I’m aware that some of it is probably very wrong.

I just want the general shapes to be there, and somewhat correct (If that makes sense).

Thanks as always! :slight_smile:

I’ve made a few more little tweaks. Something about her looks a little off but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

I added some quick colors in PS, and it looks better, but still have that same feeling.

So I realised that in Ortho view, it was an Eldritch Horror, so I went and fixed it up in that view, and now it’s looking much better.

Ortho:

Persp:

Still some things which need fixing, but I feel like I’m on the right track again now.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Been working some more on this. Mostly small tweaks, and improving the overal form.

I’ve started working on the body now, so I can take a break from the head for a bit. This is only going to be a base mesh anyway, but I think Im getting a little too caught up up on the head. I think it’s good enough to serve it’s purpose…

If anything looks really off, let me know. This is my first facial sculpt, so…

So I’m pretty much done with this. Some more tweaks to the shape head, mainly around the brows, and the general skull shape.

I’ve also modelled the body.

At some point, I will convert both to a male form, so that I have usable base meshes for both.

A few tweaks needed to the general shape of the neck which I’ve neglected throughout this whole process to far. Once that’s done, I can retopo the head and then join it to the body, which shouldn’t be too difficult, just a little tedious.

If anything looks a little off, feel free to let me know.