female character for game

7k as in 7,000k? Really? Is that in the final look in non-edit/object view mode or are you looking at it in edit mode? I noticed it jumps between the 2 modes to show what you’re editing vs what the actual is.

How did you create such a nice model using only that amount? Any recommendations?

The tutorial I followed started off really low at first but then when I finished the main base with the subdivision body modifier on sub-level 3 I noticed when viewing it in non-edit mode instead of 8k it turns into 230k which is why I got confused thinking that’s too high for a video game.

Deformations and rigging are two really hard aspects of 3D. To get the deforms down, I suggest Nathan Vegdahl’s Massive Mammoth Rigging V2. It is the only video I have found so far that really covers deforms. Everyone else just says, “use automatic weights”. This, as I am sure you are finding out, does not actually give you great final results every time. You need to learn how to teak the weights to get a good deform and then on top of that, you will most likely need to use corrective shape keys to fix final pose positions like the raising and lower the arm.

To understand rigging, you can certainly get Massive Mammoth Rigging V1. However, I think that he covers the fundamentals of rigging better in his series, Humane Rigging (this is under creative commons so it you can find it on YouTube, but it is such a great DVD that I implore you to buy the download. He has said he has plans of making more DVD’s about the deforming process, but is too busy with projects now, so support future videos by buying them).

It’s can be a real process to learn, but you’ll get it! Keep up the good work. Can’t wait to see your progress!

been a while since i worked on this cuz of school so just did a little work might be moving the thread to game section cuz have already started animating for game
with scar-l

Guys i seriously need help in my rigging :(( please help me… this is for thesis :))

@medirender thanks for the links i actually used weight painting to be able to get all the seperate objects like her clothes to all be influenced by the rig correctly but i clearly need some work like the elow deformed horribly

@rhebizcho check out this book introuduction to character animation in blender it really helped me or if there is anything specific tell me so i can put up a video (thats if you consider my work good enough or a nice start then i can walk you through the process

please any resources on hair modelling will reallly be welcome i tried this and wasnt really satisfied

@Deygus after modelling all the clothes im now at about 17k but i still think 230k is too high for game except its the high poly model which you will then bake the normals onto a lower poly model to make it look really nice

came back to this and changed the hair not much time to work n this thats why slow to post

redoing the models for better deforms plan to go really high with this want it tolook good

bringing this back after a long while in between school and work cant have time for my favorite hobby might have to make it mainstream anyone with help on making this and game making a career choice should help by ht e way have a few pics on the improvement on this model (if you can call it that)

this is me trying to sculpt clothes
trying to work on the base materila and redid the hair

some clone painting

a little more detail on the face textures

pls criticisms and tips will be really helpful so i know how i can progress from here