Female Character [Nudity]

Hilarious really!!!

Don’t worry Farmfield, he will eventually do the body, you’ll have your nudity :wink:

Happy Blending :slight_smile:

LOL I thought the same thing when I first checked this thread out:) I believe your in good hands with anything Jeannot suggests…so keep going if for nothing other than getting some nudity up on here;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tq2ISR0Q6fQ/T2pbGvKt0VI/AAAAAAAAAYU/OaPyTmQzBIM/s1600/y-u-no-guy.jpg

Okay, last post today.

I really hated the blendercookie tutorial on attaching the ear. Basically he says that no two ears are alike and then spends the whole time rotating and grabbing half hidden faces. I made my own way of connecting the ear.

After I connected everything together I wanted to throw the project out because it looked so bad, but each time I came back and messed with it, it started to look better. There is still plenty of work to do.

So, I want to add hair to the head. From what I gather the are two ways I might be able to do this in cycles. I can convert the particles to curves or I can composite a BI scene with a Cycles scene. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Ears are just like the rest of the head, the more you do, the easier it becomes. I’d have to see more angles, but they look too far back to me. It really helps if you draw them first.

mack: seeing your current update, I strongly suggest that you use a front and side orthographic image of a real proportionate female head as background images in your front and side view in blender. Right now, your head is very un-proportionate. Unless you are not aiming for realistic proportions of course. Also, I don’t really see the point of using Cycles for this. Physical renderer are usually used for interior scene rendering. But they are very slow. I tend to only use Physical renderer such as Cycles or LuxRender for architectural pre-vis. You can achieve way faster render with blender internal.

Sry guy’s, just couldn’t help myself. :wink:

And about the thread views, not very strange in a forum dominated by fairly young males, though… :smiley:

Feel like I failed. Probably start something else after I beat myself up some.

hey mack, don’t beat yourself up. Failures are better then victory. As my sensei always say, you cannot learn from victory, only from mistakes and defeats. And its basically how I learned :wink:

You know what… I might agree on that flow, proportion and all the rest of that canonical blender modelling stuff, still, i like what i see here. It has something in it. Just let it happen.
For particle hair go for BI, or make some nice hat on; alpha transparent, drawn hair works in cycles. Your choice there.

Been waiting for some more!

Happy blending!

Looks good so far. I started that female tutorial on Blender cookie, but I didn’t get very far because my interest quickly ran back to my less organic models. I modeled my own head back in the day when I was using Maya…definitely not easy stuff to tackle.