Female character WIP

Well done coming along I see.
Need to re-pick up that tutorial again lol started it a well basically grinded to a halt.
Because of hmmm how to say it was not happy :stuck_out_tongue:

This is mostly because of my way of learning things fail fail learn fail learn, bang head into wall see the light.

But really well done I like the way you add your own touch to it :slight_smile:

Thanks SilverWolvie. Yeah While doing the tutorials I didn’t like some things and so I changed them a bit. Once I get the shaders done I might add in some other details of my own. But for now it’s okay. And you should pick that tutorial up. It teaches some nice tricks.

Smexy indeed

Smexy indeed Kryptonian8077 . by the way I might try a white leather render. So more progress will be tommorow.

Yw, Oh I fully watch the tutorial besides being a cookie citizen even though I grind to a hold I absorb still.
I mostly trying to understand things so instead of whole projects I pick something and try to model it.
Then I have a idea start it hit a wall … and start researching it.
So on that road of learning I buy things just to learn blender like on CGcookie 2 dvd’s on blender.org a book and a dvd and so on.
But I also find maya or 3Dmax tutorials on the web not to understan blender but workflows edgeloop general how people model.

Last couple days have something in my head will begin working on it soon :smiley:

BTW love the tutorials of Jonathan Williams although sometimes he lets me “bang my head on the table” be saying ooops nope let’s do it this way.
But it make you understand more and being flexible while modeling.

I know that feeling SilverWolvie. Anyways rendering the white leather now. it looks good and i will probably put it on some of the small leather parts. I’ll edit this post when it’s done.
EDIT: And it’s done. So here it is.

Really nice progress again - but perhaps you should consider to change the color of the leather again. The color is too much similar to the color of her skin. That’s too less contrast in my humble opinion. Are the leather parts UV unwrapped? It doesn’t look like an even distribution of the leather grain from this perspective.

That leather material on the brown belt or what it that looks very nice. Did you used a spec and normal map also or only diffuse?

Edit: Saw only the leather from the first page. In my opinion the brown leather looks better then the white one.

Yes the brown leather does look better. The full leather texture is just a node setup. No specularity or normal maps. Only diffuse with a bump. It’s from here if you need it: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/66659 . And the clothe parts with leather are not UV unwrapped.

A small update. Gave some of the leather pieces diffrent leather colours.

Another update. Changed the top shader and added a pretty simple metal shader. Also shaded the belt annd wristband.

It’s coming along great! I can see you’ve put a lot of work into this. I’d love to see some work in the other areas now. :wink: BTW, I’m not to fond of the yellow color of the sleeves.

Thanks!

Thanks Indy_logic. Well this evening I did the gloves and boots. Its all pretty much the same leather shader but diffrent colours. Tommorow I will probably do the skirt and the other cloth parts.

Well I pretty much finished the shaders. Now I will either be doing the skin shader or addign the hair. Then it will be rigging :stuck_out_tongue:

Great job, I love the contrast in color. I updated my drivers as well, CPU renders were about 25 - 30 seconds, GPU about 7 seconds, GeForce GT460M with CUDA. Particle Hair will dramaticly increase render times. So I recomend turning off all the materials that you do not need to see while working on the hair. For a New Guy you are excelling.

NewGuy, great work, can you post a link for the series, I have part of it but can not figure out where I got it from.

Delay that, I found the link back in the forum a bit, dated on April 16 for anyone interested.

What happend did you quit?

Too busy? Vacations? No time? Creative break? Sabbatical? Heavy workload? Unforeseen circumstances? :slight_smile:
Keep it up, as it is good!

Thanks minoribus. I just kind didnt turn on blender one day and then forgot about it. This project will be paused and Ill do the hair and rig someday. But you can expect a new project from me that will be a simple character and I will start learning animations. Is it okay to post a thread like that here?

Understandable, the series is a long one, and very informative, but burnout comes with everything and priorities often need to be changed