A while back, I started on the Joan of Arc tutorial (here). As soon as I completed the first few steps, I got the hang of it and kind of went my own way. I continued modelling off the reference image, but did not follow the tut litterly anymore (as far as that was possible anyway, since it’s a 3dmax tut). There were a few times when deviated from the ref-image, because the proportions seemed odd. So, if you see some bodypart out of proportion, do tell.
Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to get some input. So, here are some renders:
There are a few things I am unhappy with. For one, the hands and head are not attached perfectly because of a difference in vertices in the parts that had to be attached. I didn’t take that into account while modelling. A good lesson for the next character. I have yet to devise a sollution for this one. Perhaps it won’t even be visible when I’ve applied textures. The feet are also not very good, which is why you don’t get to see them