Ferskûle House

Hello everyone,

I’m excited to present a new project. It involves recreating a vacation home in the Netherlands titled ‘Ferskûle’ designed by Denkkamer Architects.

For these images, I wanted to try working with Octane as a rendering engine, something I’ve been eager to do for a while, especially after admiring the stunning images produced by studios like Zore or ArchiVizual, among others.

As a result, it took me a bit longer than usual to model the scene faithfully based on the reference. Simultaneously, I was learning how this engine works.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions, and I’ll be happy to answer them.

More information about the original project can be found: here

21 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Absolute quality renders! Well done.

1 Like

Thanks a lot !

Very nice project! What are your thoughts about Octane? Was it worth it for you?

Thank you ! It’s a very good engine, I didn’t encounter any particular problems or bugs. Since it’s my first project with it, the main challenge was the shaders, especially those for the plants.
Now I’ve understood how it works, and converting Cycles materials to Octane isn’t very complex (except for procedural shaders, but I rarely use them).

What I regret is not having a node preview like in C4D or the ability to isolate nodes like with Node Wrangler. I downloaded a node wrangler addon, but it is not very great…

I plan to continue using Octane for my future projects !

2 Likes

You can download my Blender addon to solo texture nodes. It should be OK as a workaround for now …

It’s in the Octane for Blender Facebook group or you can read the thread in the forum … https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=82741

I think I hadn’t seen this one, I’m going to look at it, thank you !

1 Like

I think you did a great job! I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

1 Like