Festival of Speed - BGE Racing Game

Hi everyone, I’ve decided to use Python scripts instead of logic bricks for the car selection. I learned a lot over the past few weeks :smiley:

Here’s a video

Update:

• New car selection method
  • New engine sripts

In-Game Screenshots

~
~

WINDOWS 10

Attachments

I will send you an email with better looking, not real time reflection material(similar like now, but more accurate):wink:

Thanks guys :smiley:

Here are the results

Attachments

Two more in-game pics

What you guys think?

Hi everyone, it’s time for another game update

Video

Update:

• New car selection method using python
  • Sound added to all 5 cars

Happy blending!! :smiley:

@Marvin can you please share me that reflection material ? the car you made for me before will be added ine 1 dance stage of Kanya dance :smiley:

I can give you it and even tell you how to make the reflection map compatible for this;)

thanks adrian, is it a node-based material? i see it gives quite good effect. but does it keep the game stable with its frame rate?

It is node based material and doesn’t cost much of performance(just a bit for texture mapping, IDK about fresnel).:wink: When you need it, PM me and I will send you a .blend with it in action aswell as text based tutorial for environment map for it(it takes a time to make it as it requires materials of scene to be remade in Cycles).

Well you heard him :wink:

Hi everyone, last night I sent time modeling and texturing a new track and here it is

The asphalt texture is gorgeous!:slight_smile:

Here’s the video

it looks good ^.^ is the whole track one object? Or ? o.o

Three objects, the track and collision meshes

woa so large.

in my opinion you should split the whole thing into small pieces so you can use occlusion cullling to improve the game frame rate.

Okay I’ll do that

Working on the cockpit view :smiley: