Few my works...

stop complaining, learn coding and implement raytracing by yourself.
guess that’s better than saying that ton sucks.
if you cant stand blender without raytracer and make the best of that situation you simply suck.
.andy

DITTO!

BgDM

What the hell…how can you call THEM lazy when you won’t learn python? Is that boneheaded or is it just me?

Err… could you please elaborate on this:

Yeah… Comments are my. You see I realy hate Ton. Few yeards ago he was a great guy, there was a lot of blender ideas and lot of suggestions became real (last one , as I remember was fullscreen , but I have tired to see how one man (not 2 or 3) cant write a page of code and just put that yafray inside of Blender, and when I told them all this stuff, they suggested to learn python !
Thats all… I just hate lazy guy’s I guess

Blender is open source wich means you can do whatever you want with it.
If you can’t code, learn how to, or plainly suggest to the cvs and the coders what you might want implemented.

There will be a disgussion about it.

If it’s decided that it wont be implemented into the source, deal with it! Dont go raging!

As far as i know, yafray is not implemented directly is firstly because it works well with yable, secondly its not important, theres a lot of other stuff thats in the pipeline not all good, but its democraticly decided what to include and what not to.

Besides, there is still the game engine for those who use that.

I read on the blender.org forum that they need more coders, so the best thing we could do is to dive into the source, this is ofcourse not interesting for everyone, but that’s probably why implementing yafray aren’t main focus.

In the tuhopuu tree .http://www.crosscannon.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=1
some additional features has been included like an operational automatic exporter(without the pythonscripts) to 3dlight, Renderman and Pixie, wich all include raytracing.

Oh one more thing;do you know Ton?
'cause

FUCK YOU TON ROSENTAL - IF YOU CAN’T MAKE SUCH EASY THING LIKE THAT, THEN JUST FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, YOU SHOUD’NT EVEN START A BLENDER PROJECT

isnt very nice. If you dont like it, don’t use it, it’s free of charge, and you are free to not use it, Ton Rossendal made the program and gave it away, so that we could use it and change it as we please, how about that.

Right on brother. I can’t believe the nerve people have to make a personal attack on the coder that gave us a whole world to explore. Geeeeeeze…

is Ton really, I mean just morbidly obese, because I mean…

he weighs 2,000 POUNDS, right?

so, I, god, How is that POSSIBLE?!?!?!

Oh dear its sad how long it took for me to get that…

hmm…
I don’t understand the complaining… there is this program, there are limits what it can do… there are also other programs, with other limits… so find a one that suits for you. like for example wings for modelling and povray for rendering?
no reason to stick with blender if you hate it so much and it doesn’t have the tools what you need.

also, I don’t understand the default answer “it’s opensource, code in the raytracer yourself”. that really seems like coders answer. and not all are coders. like me, I just use blender for my work, I have no idea how to code raytracers.
better answer would be, to participate on the discussions on the proper forums, and throw in ideas… instead of shouting “hey I want this, me me me, blender sucks because it’s not there today!”.

.b

Well the mob is fickle! Complaining is a good thing when it comes to software. If nobody said anything we’d be stuck with crap for features and programmers taking way too many vacations!! They might even work as little as 40 HOURS PER WEEK! We can’t have a work with that kind of chaos. lol. Really…there should just be a direct link between my computer screen and the blender programmers so I can make them dance to my drum and do exactly what I want with the software. MUAHAHAHAHA!

The Blender.org forum is the place to take issues like this if you’re actually trying to get them implemented. But if you just want to see if people are actually interested first, perhaps this is the best place. Maybe someone should have a site that tracks a list of most-requested features that keeps track of votes like a petition.