Fiat 500 - Pixar's Cars Style [UPDATE]

@Felix_Kütt: Nice to see what you did with it :slight_smile: Once I’ve fully animated the Fiat (and its eye-lashes), I’ll post some new renders here. It can take a while because right now I’m working on the intro-screen of the animation which I will also post on BA when it’s finished!

@Blend3d: Thanks mate!

Gallardo

The split eyelids are a good change. They make it look much closer to the actual pixar version. I think the reason for the “flatness” in the eyes though is the lack of specular highlight. If you look at the eyes in the cars from the movie you can see that they almost always have some sort of “hotspot” on their eyes. Not a huge one but just enough to see that they’re picking up light. Also notice that the iris of the eye in the movie versions fades into the pupil more. Yours simply ramp up into the eye. The pixar cars look as if their high point is about 2/3 from the outside edge of the iris and then it fades back into the pupil. (hard to explain but I hope you get the picture.) Maybe a slight bump map could also help a little to make the pupil appear a little more round from other angles.

Hope those little tidbits help. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ll say the same for the eyes… This tutorial can help you :
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Creating_Pixar-looking_eyes_in_Blender

Great car I love it

How do you make that car