Filling a desired shaped area with objects

Hi, I want to be able to array cubes in a heart shaped field. But I couldn’t figure out how to do that without putting the cubes one by one. I am attaching an image of what i am trying to achieve, thank you!
Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 12.18.59

Aren’t you lucky. A relatively recent addition to geometry nodes made this possible. Play with the values to get the desired result.

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for replying! That’s great im definitely gonna try that. My only question is that will i be able to export those cubes separately into unity while maintaining the outline shape of the heart (a monkey in this example)
I don’t really have much of a geometry nodes experience so i don’t know if i am able to bring that visual out of blender into another programs

I think you could also try to make it via Particles system, just add a circle to your scene, deform it so that it’ll be looks like a heart shape, then create a particle system, switch from Emitter to Hair, and in a render tab, switch from Path to Object and choose your object. You will need to play with its settings, but I think you could get a good result. That’s what I got with the cube example:

1 Like

You can also make it by adding a single vert, extrude it in a way so that will be look like a heart, convert it to a Curve, then click on your main object, add an Array Modifier, then add a Curve modifier and select that curve you have just created. See screenshot below:

1 Like

Of course you can! Just add this

Then do this

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-12 om 13.11.52

Then do this

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was looking a solution for this for a while now, thank you :smiling_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much! I will definitely try this now, also thank you for adding screenshots, it really helped me to understand it better :smiling_face: :hugs:

1 Like