Film d'animation "La Thèse"

Film made with Blender 2.93 then 3.0.0.
Rendering: Cycles
About one year of work including writing the screenplay.
(The character of Raymond Esserdhal is an evocation of a real character who is now deceased: Raymond Stora and who was one of my teachers).

8 Likes

Incredible work.

The animation feels authentic, the voice acting is excellent and the characters feel real. The story does a great job of foreshadowing and becomes a kind of temporal M.C. Escher staircase.

Felicitations!

Thank you for your analysis.
The opinions of other Blender users are very helpful as I think it is always difficult to have a meaningful judgment on your own work. :wink:

:+1:
Great work, congrats.

Thank you Ozgur. Glad you like it. :smiley:

1 Like

The film has just been selected for the “Hellemmes le cinema” festival in Lille (France). :slightly_smiling_face:

The film won the animation prize at the “Hellemmes le Cinéma” festival and is part of the official selection of “Mulhouse tous courts” (France) which will take place on April 29 and 30.

1 Like

Great story, congrats, the subject is one of my interests, and… I’ve seen “Surely you’re joking Mr. Feynman” (shown on a poster in the office) at the theater (and I highly recommend it)… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for watching the film and for your appreciation. I didn’t know that “Surely you’re joking Mr Feynman” had been treated at the theater. I only knew the book. Like Raymond Stora, to whom the film is dedicated, RF is for me a model of thought.

1 Like

I didn’t know that “Surely you’re joking Mr Feynman” had been treated at the theater. I only knew the book.

The play was mostly known as “QED”, and it was produced in several countries. The version I saw back in 2005 had also “surely you’re joking Mr Feynman” in the title - and I highly enjoyed it - I thought it was revolutionary to make a play about quantum physics - via Feynman’s funny personality of course.

1 Like

Thank you for this interesting informations.
It is true that talking about theoretical physics to a large audience is a complicated challenge. This was also the first difficulty I encountered when writing the screenplay. :upside_down_face:

1 Like