Final Fantasy VII Titlescreen

Hallo all,

after my little Jak and Dexter Precursor Orb project I started my second one with Blender. Since I’m looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Remake, I decided to remaster the originals title screen. The goal of this exercise was to practise UV Mapping, Texturing, Shading and Vollumetric Lighting.

Because my project isn’t finished yet, I want to share with you the model of Cloud’s Bustersword.
What do you think? I’m quite happy so far.

Thanks in advance for tips and opinions.

Best regards from Germany

Cloud2405

2 Likes

Hi there :-),

Ok after speeking with some of my friends and my girlfriend, I’m happy that many people share with me the interpretation of the FF VII title screen. My inspiration was the scene from the movie FF VII Advent Children. There was a scene were Cloud stands on the top of a cliff where his old sword sticks in the ground as a kind of grave stone. This abandoned look was my goal.

What do you think is the dirty, rusty look fitting or should the sword look normal as in the original title screen?

My next steps in completing the title screen is to add some small details. For that I want to add a spider web into one of the sword’s holes,a stone and some bushes of dry gras.

As final words to this comment I want to thank Texture Haven and Poliigon for the free textures I used. They were great to work with.

TextureHaven:

Ground Texture:

Poliigon:

Rusty Metal:
https://www.poliigon.com/texture/metal-corroded-heavy-001

Greetings from Bavaria

Ok, now I’m finished my nearly forgotten project. Here is my reimagined Final Fantasy VII title screen. I hope you’ll like it if you have advices or improvements, feel free to comment.

Ok, now I’m finished my nearly forgotten project. Here is my reimagined Final Fantasy VII title screen. I hope you’ll like it if you have advices or improvements, feel free to comment.