Fire Demon - Stylized Realtime character (with timelapse!)

Hey guys!
Here’s my latest Realtime character project, based on an awesome concept by Tao he. I tried to staying true to the original 2D aesthetic and created the “fire hair” FX to bring it to life.

Translating 2D designs into 3D is always an enjoyable process!

Some highpoly parts made in blender. Retopology, shading, UV packing, Fire FX and rendering also in Blender (eevee).

A timelapse divided in 3 parts. Check the youtube playlist!

Blending stylized specular highlights in Blender driven by a custom mask painted in Substance Painter.

“Fire hair” made using a simple setup with animated displacement and textures noises

29k Tris

UV’s and materials. Single 4k texture set

Based on this concept by Tao He. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1J693

12 Likes

The skull shape of the character’s chest is so gnarly and cool! I love that. :fire:

1 Like

amazing work !

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!