Fire Keeper Ishtolia

Having only played half of the Dark Souls series, I was half convinced you were just taking screenshots from the one I haven’t played yet. (In part because I tend to take a bunch of screenshots during important character interactions such as this.) You really captured the Dark Souls feel well.

Impressive! This must have required quite a lot of work.

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard somewhere that Blender team do have plans on revamping the hair system, but I currently can’t find the source.

1 Like

They do, and I’m sure they will eventually, but it’ll probably be a while. It’s been mentioned in a couple of the developer news/blog articles over the last couple of years. There are definite plans for a new hair object, but Blender has a small team and lots of plans to revamp lots of things (some of which we’ve already seen implementation with, just not hair).

I think geometry nodes came about partly as a result of that actually. At least, I know geometry nodes came about partly out of dissatisfaction with the particle system’s limitations, and the hair is a specific part of the particle system people are also dissatisfied with, and hair will involve nodes because of everything nodes - whether they get geonode specific nodes or their own hair system nodes.

2 Likes

best lips ive ever seen…

My mind is blown… Such a gorgeous artwork…
Especially, the character’s skin looks not only realistic but also delicate beauty.
If you don’t mind, could you share some workflows about skin textures and material?

Ok, thanks for the information!

For everyone who was asking about hair wokflow, this is very powerful great add-on using modifiers to make any realistic hair style, no more Xgen.

Happy Blending !

Thank you very much

1 Like

Thank you, appreciated.