Fire Keeper Ishtolia

Hello Blender Artists,

This is the Fire Keeper from DARKSOULS.

Welcome to the bonfire, Unkindled One.

Lord Lorian is a noble knight who was destroyed by the dark lord Olden but he was resurrected by the Fire Keeper Ishtolia to destroy all the dark souls in every land and merge all the souls to make one soul the Sou of the Lords that will erase darkness and bring back life to humanity.

Praise the Lord!

More breakdown in this link

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mzmdNY

Inside Blender

Lord Lorian

64 Likes

Wow. This is… incredible. The lighting is AWESOME, the storytelling and atmosphere is excellent, the composition is good in every shot, everything looks perfect!

:+1:
Great work, congrats.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Another masterpiece. Well done.

Gorgeous hair. Is this particles or tranmapped?

Thank you very much for the feature @bartv

Best regards,
maniacarta

Thank you, it’s particle hair only

Thank you very much.

Thank you appreciated.

1 Like

Oh thank you so much for your kind comments.

hey whats up, for what and how you use that color chart you always place in your renders lol?..

Damn, you’re good at this. With all those complex, detailed layers and structured clumps, I was betting on cards (very finely textured, detailed cards, of course). There are not a lot of artists who can get results like that out of Blender particle hair.

Not that a lot of artists can make hair cards that look particle hair-like either. Both approaches would take a lot of work to get results like this, but I can’t imagine getting anywhere close to that with particle hair.

Thank you, but it’s not hard, just use particle hair as main and play with the shaders.

Here is a video that can help you achieve your result.

All the best.

Color chart, build 4 spheres and image texture color chart it’s so simple.

All the best.

1 Like

They posted about it a little more here:

2 Likes

The shader looks good, but I was talking about the modeling/grooming. I’m going to stick to cards since I find the particles unwieldy and hard to control (maybe I’ll try again when they’re revamped), but that’s why I’m very impressed with what you’re doing with it.

Particles in blender still need more development especially hiding strands and focus on specific one, but still you can get very good result by working on the shaders, i still prefer Xgen but i hope blender team will develop the hair system better in the feature.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

what can i say…impressive!!