Firestorm - Battleship

http://www.dv-studios.org/blender/firestorm2b.jpg

Yeah… This model has some history actually. It was originally made in Lightwave… How ever my limited knoweledge of lightwave prevented me from making nice render out of it. So some years went pass and finally Blender came. I imported the old model. Fixed some geometry on it… added new textures, lights and componodes… and voila… We got scifi battleship.

Holy crap! Model looks good but I would redo the lighing cuz cant see much of the details. Still a great piece though.

Great modelling as birgleader said work on lightning so we can see more

Yeah. i was bit afraid of the lighting be to dimm. But i was really baffled on deciding the lighting… i was going after sort of dark moody look, but yeh… after all i guess you are right. It could use bit more light.

Put in front of a big glowing planet.

There are WAY too many bad-ass ships being made right now. The only solution, obviously, is to make a huge battle animation and destroy some of them.

Seriously, this is pretty awesome. It looks like it could be a screen capture from a Sci-Fi show or movie or something.

Lol yeah I have to agree it looks pimpin fing awesome. Oh keep the lighting the way it makes it realistic. It doesn’t look like your in the sun so it would be dark.

There are WAY too many bad-ass ships being made right now. The only solution, obviously, is to make a huge battle animation and destroy some of them.

booom! booooom! kaabooooomm!! … i’d love to see that!

you’ve got a really nice ship there eradicor! :smiley: it looks really huge coz of the details…

Thanks for comments… Note that this uses only Spotlights there fore being superfast to render even. :smiley: … .How ever this ship cant take much of “closer” inspection… which is pretty much very common problem with most of my objects… they look good from far, but the closer you get it gets really horrible. :S

would be cool, but if you were to actually do that you would need some sort of mega pc because some of the ships being made right now have lots of polys. as an example, my starling fighter has nothing short of 600k each, and i am guessing that this firestrom has about 1 million.

awsome model though, great work.

so can you post updates and wires ?

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/hilium/firestorm2b.jpg
and making some windows for the cockpit will make it look more realistic

please tell us how you got it to look like a movie shot? its awesome.

GE-FORCE Umm… there are two lines of windows below your arrowmark… but the ship is actually Very massive… so they look very small… :S That ship was originally ment to be 22km long… but i think i “realscale” it down to 10 or so. :smiley: Still pretty big tho. Very big.

Wires you say… the wires wont tell much… its pretty messy. (as it was originally imported from Lightwave model that bugged then partially stiched back together with varying results… But i’ll see if i can get something out of it.

– “Please tell us how you got it to look like a movie shot?” –

What do you mean?

You and everybody else.

I understand that some artists just add nice close-up detail to the parts that will be subjected to close-up shots, and let the rest of the model be horrible.

– “Please tell us how you got it to look like a movie shot?” –

What do you mean?

um, nevermind, it is probably just because it was primarily made in lightwave…

Lol… Lightwave only provided the rudimentary geometry which i had to fix later in Blender. all material settings and lighting setup (not to mention composition node setups), So its all Blender doing the “film effect” you say… :smiley:

Not, bad, at, all.