First Blender Bedroom Interior (Cycles)

Hi everybody,
i´m new in Blender and i want to get criticism from you. Sorry for my english, maybe it´s not so well :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for feedback!

1 Like

Hello Kapu,

Welcome to the blender community!

This scene is amazing for a first bedroom render! but there is always room for improvement, here are my critiques:

• The room is a bit dark, I think that it needed to be more well lit. I don’t know how your scene is laid out, but in general increasing the strength of the sun lamp and maybe adding some fill lights will surely help.
  • The volumetrics are too dense, it gives the effect of a very dusty atmosphere. Of course, this may have been your goal, but in general if there is so much dust in the room then it would be expected that everything would look dirty and maybe old, but in your scene it looks like everything is completely clean so reducing the density of the volume would have been better in my opinion.
  • It is not very clear what is on top of the bed, is it a painting? a mirror? a window? maybe adding elements to make it more clear would be better.
  • This may be related to the first point. The main focus of the render is apparently the bed. However, it is not lit well which hides all its details and shifts the focus to the better lit chair and desk on the right.

Anyway, great work! I remember my first bedroom was not looking at all like this, it was a lot more 3D and low poly looking :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Keep up the good work! I am sure you will keep improving by time.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback, it helped me alot! :relaxed:

1 Like

When lighting, start by establishing lighting for “the darkest non-opaque thing for which you want to have detail,” then add light to establish "overall basic illumination for the entire scene. (The classic “global illumination” actually works well here.) Now, add the lights that you have now added – sunlight, desk-lamp – to serve as “final accents.” (The things that “appear brighter,” especially when you want to dra attention to them. Adjust the power of each light in that sequence. Also bear in mind that lights naturally have color.

1 Like

thank you a lot :pray: