First brush with a render farm.

Double post

Double post

All free models from the web. Have a look here:

and here:
http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/plantslib/main.html

That’s the cleanest Indigo render I’ve seen, good work.

Renderranch sure makes Indigo sparkle, now if the cost wasn’t so high.

As render farms go, this is actually quite cheap, especially since you need so little time to get a clean image. But of course, what I spent on this image is more than I ever made with any of my pictures (barring the odd aberration). So it’s definitely to be enjoyed with moderation and in the long term, it does only really make sense for commercial jobs and when deadlines are tight.

wow, very photorealistic. i never playing around with renderer other than blender internal. good work :slight_smile:

Dude! Fix those rocks and you will F***n SCARE people!!

This is gallery imo (but fix the rocks).

Kevin

good stuff as usual man! still havent tried out Ranch though i signed up…

same crit as before though, the stones in the pool are painted onto the bottom :S

Would it be possible to post up a sample of a blender render and a comparison of indigo - no tweaking, just to let me see the difference???

Stompin: Yep, I haven’t touched the scene. Problem is, Ranch works with 1.0.9 so far, so no displacement yet.

Dundaglan: Not this time. I didn’t define the mats in Blender, only in Indigo, so it would be a LOT of work. Next time, though. I’ve now taken the good habit of defining mats in Blender first so that I can use my scenes in different render engines.

Wow, technically this is superb. I can hardly believe my eye’s, this puts all professional renders to shame its that good.
From an artistic POV, its not very good. The whole thing from top to bottom is far too busy. Its too glossy, too many reflections screening whats going on behind something. Once you’ve looked at it for a couple of minutes its clearer whats what and once again the wow factor comes straight back at you. But for non CG geeks, a normal person woldn’t look twice at this.

Point taken, Animal. I can see what you mean.