First Car Model 2005 Mustang GT

I’m not sure if you know about matcaps, but they’re a great way to analyze your mesh realtime, without having to wait for a render to complete. They basically calculate reflections based on the viewport camera’s position, so it serves the same purpose as a shiny render does…you can press the N key and go to “display” or something like that and turn it on and choose the material type you want.

Goldenfrog,
No, I did not know that. I’ll check it out. As it is right now, it renders out in about 5 minutes, so the wait isn’t too bad yet.

Small update. I’ve been spending time trying to smooth the mesh out. Still have some areas that need work, but I think it’s getting better. Maybe that’s wishful thinking. Oh well, here is the latest.

The lower rear panel does have the creases in it that follow the upper wheel flare area, but I guess the lighting makes it seem that they aren’t there. Maybe set up a light to bring those out?

I still haven’t started the front end. I know, I’m slow as molasses on a cold day.

It’s looking really good! I do like the newer/fatter Mustangs like this one, but for some reason, I always hated those rims(although you nailed them here). They sort of look like they belong on a much older muscle car, which was probably their intention, but I just don’t think they work. :smiley: Keep it up, it’s coming along nicely :slight_smile:

Thanks Vicky. Your bathroom scene turned out nicely. Great work as always!

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to make an animation for my brother’s birthday. He just bought an 05 GT and I was going to do some edit work to make this one look just like his with the mods etc. Any chance you still have the model for this car? You did a great job w the details and I dont have the chops to do the modeling myself.
Thanks,
Quinn