First Car WIP.....1970 Plymouth 'Cuda

Hey all. This is my very first car in Blender, so I’m very proud of it, and have had quite a challenge in figuring out how to do the car correctly. (I’ve just figured out the wonders of extruding and using subsurfs). This is currently a work in progress, my drawing of a 1970 - 1974, 3rd generation Plymouth 'Cuda. I’ve currently completed most of the main bodywork (I’m just ironing out surface irregularities, and still need to complete the shape of the roof), and as you can see, have done the rallye steel rim wheels. Those colors are just for finding errors in the surface of the mesh, and will be replaced with better looking materials once the vehicle is completed. Also, the hood is just a temp, as I intend to replace it with either a 'Cuda Rallye dual scoop sport hood, or a shaker hood. Some parts of the body may not appear right, but that is mainly due to my quick lighting job, and I’m still working on getting the tires right. Any suggestions or comments on my drawing would be greatly appreciated :-).

These are pictures of the actual car, for reference purposes:

And here are 2 quick renderings of the current model:

Thx all!

Nice start. In fact, excellent start.

I love Mopar HP of the late 60’s early 70’s. I am currently looking for Superbird or Daytona Charger blueprints. If you maybe know where I could get them, it would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

BgDM

nice modelling,hope im around to see it finished

rixtr

Excellent modelling; looks very accurate, you seem to be getting on very well with blender! I look forward to seeing the final thing! :smiley:

looking great, muscle cars aren’t easy, i did a GTO, they have beautiful body curves and alwasy look better than any new cars. you should make it lime green with the flat black hood and all the side decals :smiley:

Thx for the comments :-)!

Hehe, yeah, I love late 60’s and early 70’s Mopars too. I’ll keep and eye out for Charger Daytona or Plymouth Superbird blueprints for ya…I’d love to see one doneup in blender. Although, blueprints for old mopars is kinda slim…I’m using the 1970 AAR 'Cuda blueprints off of Suurland.com, and they aren’t that good as they’re are just a scanned page of pictures from a book, thus, the perspective is all screwed up. I could only do the basic side profile from the pictures and had to improvise the rest by freehand using dozens of jpegs and a pile of mopar books and magazines. It’ll get really interesting when I wanna turn this into a '71 Cuda with a Shaker hood, as I’ll really have to improvise on it.

I checked out Suurland again and they do have a 1969 Dodge Charger that could be used for the Daytona allthough the final daytona nosecone and wing would need to be improvised or found from another source. They don’t have any usable Roadrunners or Gtx’s, as the closest Roadrunner is a 1968.

It’ll get really interesting when I wanna turn this into a '71 Cuda with a Shaker hood

ooooohhhhhh baby!! Hemi Cuda with the Shaker hood.

/me just went off in my pants (<- that was a little too much information).

Next to the Superbird and Daytona Charger, that is my all time favorite car. You gotta love it when you pounce on the throttle and you see the air intake jumping around inside the hood.

Now I really can’t wait to see this done. Keep on going.

BgDM