First finished project

I’ve been playing with Blender on and off and I finally decided to actually try finishing something. It’s not that great, but it’s a start, I guess.

The box is reflecting way too much light for cardboard. The model itself looks great, but I’d tinker with it a little more if you intend to make it more realistic.

not bad at ll for a first project…good…just see wht ReaphSharc has said and also the image map for the box looks a bit low res/blurred…fix that. and also get a better stage to shoot the product.

The pictures I took for this kinda suck because my camera is really sensitive to any movement at all and sometimes it’s nearly impossible to get a good shot. They turned out all right, but even at a decent resolution I had to take them from a little further back than I wanted to. They also looked a lot more yellow than they should have, so I tried to use blender to lighten it up and made the background the color it is to balance it out a little. i may work on this a bit, but I don’t expect to be able to make it look a whole lot better than it is now.

I took some time to rework the lighting and reflective properties of the box. It’s still nowhere near perfect, but it’s much less shiny. I don’t think I’m going to change the scene any. Mostly because I don’t know exactly what to do with it, but I also want to move away from this one. Here is the new render:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/Austin_Morley/pack2.jpg

Maybe you should change the type of lighting or the shader settings. It might look better if you added the shiney wrapper around the bottom. It’s better than my first ever render of beer bottles.

Are you gonna put it somewhere or just shoot it alone?

well try removing the sun and turn the AO on…and give the floor some texture …make one cigarete beside .and i am sure it will look awsome

Whoops!

I was cleaning up some folders and accidentally got rid of the textures for this. Looks like that last render is as good as this one gets.

On to something new!

I would also suggest to change the camera view (move it more to the top), so you can see more of the surface and shade.
Agree with GE-FORCE, swithch to AO, that helps a lot , especially when you are heading for reality.

its very good… try changing the camera angle to one that shows off the detail of the outside of the box more.
eg move the camera a bit higher and use the lighting well… some people say that its one of the most overlooked areas by begginers