First Game Attempt, Go Cart WIP


(TazyTiggy) #1

I thought I would give the game engine I try, so my friend and I are making a small simple game. So here is the main character so to speak.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~anders79/images/Blender%20Pictures/gocart2.jpg

Other pictures and more info can be found:

http://www.blenderstuff.dynu.com/blender/GoCartFun.html
or here it that link doesn’t work
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~anders79/images/Blender%20Pictures/GoCartFun2.html


(Bapsis) #2

Awww, i wish i had a better, more powerfull computer, so i could try your game (and many others) out. But i like the pic of your cart, very well done!!! I wish you luck with the rest of the project!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!


(Alltaken) #3

nice!!!

but for a game i would go as low poly as possible!!

personally and i do say personally
i would make a box with four sides and a bottom. put hand drawn textures on them like cheap versions of southpark graphics. then add a sqaure steeringwheel and a low poly roll cage.

two dimensional folded up like a box shape kinda styles(really cartoony)

but thats just me!!!

and i don’t know much about the game engine and it capabilitys anyway so what you are doing is cool!!!

i like the cart !!

how many polygons could i ask (just so you think about that aspect. not trying to sound harsh)(my concept would be 11 Quads or 22 triangles. without a character in the seat)

have fun it will be wicked!!!


(TazyTiggy) #4

I have an alternate plan if the cart slows it down:

The full go cart is just for the opening part. The camera will ‘walk’ up to the cart, and ‘appear’ to get inside. The only part that will actually be fully in the game is the front half.

Over all the cart only has 4404 faces, that is not alot compared to some of my other models. Most of them are in the tires too, unfortunately. I need to make them again I think.

(Edit: I fixed the wheels, and now the face count is down to 2612. I used surface>donunt to make them, then converted them to a mesh. I didn’t realize at first that it doubled the amount of faces I already had)


(TazyTiggy) #5

Ok the uv mapping on the cart is finished for now. And I welded the model together, total face count is 2608.

http://www.blenderstuff.dynu.com/blender/gocartuv.jpg


(blengine) #6

wow 2608 faces??? thats way overboard for blender, or anything for just a gocart :wink:
id say keep it down to 500-900 faces max… instead of circles for the cage, make them square pipes! u CANT tell in the game engine once theyre textured or vertex painted… game engines all about cutting corners =D

looking good though, but way too high poly count


(TazyTiggy) #7

Since I guess that the original mesh is to much for the game engine, and since I didn’t plan on using it for the whole game. I will probly just use it for the beginning scene and the end, like cut scenes in other games. Here is the viewing perspective for the game.

http://www.blenderstuff.dynu.com/blender/gamecart.jpg
http://www.blenderstuff.dynu.com/blender/half.jpg