First Game Project

Hello, this is David Ramos and I wanted to share with the community one of the many games I plan on making. This is my first actual game project on Blender and I hope it will be entertaining experience when it is finished. Here it is - Surface Area: Journey to Sine.

Plot - The story takes place in another world, where spheremen inhabit the land. The territory is known as the surface area, a vast landscape of earth. A disturbing body of water surrounds the surface area, this seemingly bottemless ocean is known as the Abyss. Our story takes place in a coastal village, sheltered around by a mountain scape, where one blue spheremen called “Radian” (or “Rad” for short) is taking a stroll on the soft beach sand. While taking a leisurely walk, Radian discovers a strange gem lying among the grains of sand. This is where the adventure begins.

I probably should have posted this a while ago, but better late than ever. “Surface Area: Journey to Sine” is an RPG. It is a startup project, aimed toward gaining experience in video game design as well story telling. I plan on having about 10 levels as well as a few bonus levels. Since this is my first actual game project. The game may not be up to the best standards. I have been currently working on it by myself, and progress has been becoming slow since I know very little python. I will be posting updates to the game during it’s developement. If there is anybody interested in contributing, let me know. I would appreciate having a team to bring this game to light. There is still a lot of work to be done before the game becomes a finished product. I hope you will enjoy the posts! Hopefully, I will have a pre-alpha version for people to try.

Here is a screenshot from Blender for the first level.

I hope you enjoy this thread. I will be posting more updates as the game progresses!

Hey looks really cool, especially for the first game. When I think of what my first game looked like :D. Keep going, and it´s good to use logic bricks, I prefer them over python, and you can do almost everything with them.

I would suggest using the ambient light color to lighten the scene without another light. So you never have black shading. I haven’t done BGE in more than a year, but using the ambient light shouldn’t have changed.

Here some renders of the other levels so far. I haven’t had time to texture them, but I will get on to it. My goal is to have the basic landscape done for all the the levels before doing textures or game mechanics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]385130[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385131[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385132[/ATTACH]

These were the second, third and, fourth levels.

Thanks, I think I tried the ambient lighting before. I’m not sure if it slowed my game down or made look bad. It’s been a while though so I might try it again to see if it has changed.