First Head Sculpt WIP

he’s looking good, a bit crosseyed though.

Sorted out the cross eyed-ness.
Been working on retopologizing the head in preperation for rigging. Here is the mesh as it is at the moment.

Also did a quick test of baking a Normal Map from the high res sculpt to the low res version. The renders are of the low res version. There not quite as detailed as the sculpt, but i suppose thats to be expected.
The low res mesh is not quite the right shape in some places so i will still work on it.

Thanks. Oliver

he’s looking real good. you can put more seams on him, because with 2.49 and above, texture paint works seamlessly. he could be a jigsaw puzzle of UV islands and you’d never know, thanks to campbells awesome coding.

02/02/2012
New Update!
Been doing quite a bit of work on the character:

• Multi-layer Subsurface scattering Shader
  • Texturing (still need to finish painting out the seams)
  • Clothing Modelling and texturing
  • Rigging
  • Some face shapes (need to do a lot more for this)
  • Cloth sim for the trousers only (more work needed, plus i’m not using cloth sim for anything other than the trousers)
    Been having some difficulties with getting realistic eye reflections. If anyone has any ideas about this let me know (a transparent mesh with ray mirror would be ideal, but this does not work very well when using Ambient Occlusion!)
    Also done a quick test shot from one of the scenes.

i got the best results with an inner and outer eye object. the outer hull should have all checkboxes under shadow disabled and traceable (options) so it doesn’t cast any shadows on the inner eye object and isn’t affected by ambient occlusion.
then activate transparency, set alpha to zero and use raytrace for it.
an IOR of 1.3 works well.

the outer hull should slightly extend outwards where the iris starts, and even further for the pupil.
the inner eye should do the opposite.

oh and subsurface scattering for the inner eye is nice, too… set specularity to 0 tho.

good luck! i love your progress, nice job

he’s looking great, nice job on the hair/clothes/texturing. I think the moles on his face are a particularly nice touch.