First Head Sculpt WIP

Just started my first human head sculpt. Its not done yet.

Let me know what you guys think.

Not bad, but his brow is a bit big, and his eyes too widely spaced, and too high.

It looks like this guy who always used to play mutant road warrior freaks… you know , on a bike swinging a chain…

He has lots of caracter I’ve just started my first and i must say your ears are much better than mine.

Yes i didnt quite mean to do that, but i know who you mean

Here is a slight update. He isstarting to look a bit more human. still going to work on him.
http://oliveroshea.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/02_23-09-2011.jpg

Check out my short film blog oliveroshea.com

Decided to start over as i was not too happy with the first version.
I think the face shape is better, still need to work on the chin and jaw line.
Ears are tricky things to do, you need quite a lot of geometry to work with.

Looking good. It could use a little more fullness in the cheekbones. nice ear, btw.

Only a slight update this time. got to go away for a few days, so will get back to it then.

The last one is looking good. As Modron said, he could use bigger (fuller…?) cheekbones. I also think the brow is a bit too high, or the part under the brow is too deep, if that makes sense. At least on the shot on the right, the brow casts quite a dark shadow.

post an orthographic front and side shot and i’ll do some iWarping to help you with the overall proportions.

Time for another update.
Worked on the cheek areas and brow.
Quite a bit of work on the eyes as they were quite oversized.
Started adding a little detailing on the forehead and around the eyes etc.

Also here is an ortho front and side version

Thanks. Oliver

here are some suggestions, hope these help

Cool. Thanks MoreDread. Thats very helpfull. I think the final character face will be somewhere inbetween the 2.

Update time. Made some changes to eye spacing, mouth width, nose and brow. As well as adding some more detail. Almost ready to start retopo.

Fullsize images:

Thank. Oliver

Have made some slight increase to eye size, didn’t want to push it too far as the eyeballs are about 25mm diameter which is about right, so i increased the eye opening a bit.
Softened the brow a bit as well.

Full size images:

Thanks. Oliver

Wow, you really improve with every post, great job!
Especially for a first time

its starting to look nice, very good for beeing your first.
i think the biggest problems right now are the eyes beeing opened too wide, giving him an uncomfortable stare.
and the mouth is a bit too wide as well.
adressing these issues will give him a more relaxed appearance.

but you’ve done a great job so far, theres alot of character in your model, i really like it.

You could give him a bit more fullness just under the brow, toward the outside, so it kind of mooshes down over the lid a bit.

Thanks Guys.
Did A little more work to the Eyes. Also added a little more detail.

Thanks. Oliver