First NOOB render

This is my first and “learning pic” so yah, nothing fancy but it’s a start.

Attachments

Err… stone blocks texture for the… I suppose you wanted the terrain to look like sand? Otherwise you could’ve set the texture to repeat and then set x/y to like 10 or to whatever looks nice :slight_smile:
The pyramids just don’t blend in the whole thing, I suppose that’s due to the land’s texture (talk about size comparison :wink: ). Otherwise, they look too tall to me…
The background - the scene has a bright lightning, so why the stars?
The whole thing looks kinda cartoon-ish to me, so I won’t comment on the water :slight_smile:
The name of the render - you’re a newbie, not a noob :slight_smile:
Don’t take my comments too seriously though - you never know when I’m wrong :smiley:
Good luck!

Nice, not bad for a first time. Just a guess, but is most of your experience with the gimp? :slight_smile:
I like some of the style (pyramids & background) but the foreground and lighting is just too obviously cg, for me at least.

Err… stone blocks texture for the… I suppose you wanted the terrain to look like sand? Otherwise you could’ve set the texture to repeat and then set x/y to like 10 or to whatever looks nice :slight_smile:

Could have but the texture paint or any color isn’t working when I render, still need to figure it out.

The pyramids just don’t blend in the whole thing, I suppose that’s due to the land’s texture (talk about size comparison :wink: ). Otherwise, they look too tall to me…

No, that’s due to the fact I compiled two tuts just to do it, to learn to add other images.

The background - the scene has a bright lightning, so why the stars?

Once again, to see if I could do it.

The whole thing looks kinda cartoon-ish to me, so I won’t comment on the water :slight_smile:

Good.

The name of the render - you’re a newbie, not a noob :slight_smile:

Didn’t know it matters.

Don’t take my comments too seriously though - you never know when I’m wrong :smiley:
Good luck!

Actually no worries, I don’t lose sleep over small things.

Yep, mostly with Gimp. :wink: Blender is completely new to me. :spin: < after my head stops spinning from getting used to it, I’ll hopefully make an actual decent 3D.

Paul