Fitting your background image to your camera view

Hi, I have a simple question.

How do I fit my camera view dimensions to fit my background image or vice versa? I’ve tried changing the resolution settings in the render panel to fit the resolution of the background image, but as I change the resolution settings, the background images stretches with it.

Thanks!

Attachments

Brockenhurst Forestblend.blend (444 KB)

Need to change the background image setting from Stretch to Fit or Crop. Fit will fit it in the frame even if it doesn’t fill the frame. Crop will fill the frame and crop the excess.

Thanks. Is there any way I can get it to fit perfectly?

I’m not sure why that isn’t fitting, or wasn’t stretching to fill before. Here’s a file where I’ve stuck a background in both the camera slot, and in the environment so it will render. Maybe you can see what’s different.

Or pack your background(File->External Data->Pack all into .blend) and post your file so I can take a look at it.

BG_Image.blend (353 KB)

I’ve attached the reference image + my blend file to the OP. Thanks for the help.

OK, seems to be confused by the image rotation. If you switch back to All Views in the background images pane, and turn the Rotation back to 0, it works properly but the image is sideways. If you rotate the image upright in an image editor it works. Is that doable?

Working, thank you!