☑ Fixed: gallery thumbnails not showing when posts contain video

Update: the Discourse team fixed this. If you have a topic that’s affected by this bug, please reply with a link and I’ll rebuild it to fix its thumbnail.

===

Hey!

There’s currently an issue with topics that contain both videos (uploaded mp4’s - not youtube etc) and images in their first post: their thumbnails won’t show up in the galleries. I’m talking to the Discourse developers to get this fixed.

In the mean time, you can work around it by removing the video from the first post, and reposting it as a reply.

9 Likes

I was about to write to you to ask if it’s an issue currently. First I thought it was because I edited tags on my posts and after accepting changes there appeared error 500 pop up.

1 Like

Dear Bart, Iam not able to edit my first posts. Therefore I am not able to change the Thread Thumbnail.
Can I optimize my status somehow to unlock those things? I assume those problems come from having not all abilities based on my BA user status?

Besides, can I then also change my Username?

I checked and you should be able to edit your posts, please try again. And sure, I can chance your username, please DM me so we don’t add noise to this topic.

1 Like