Fixing a Scratched Disc?

I was wondering if you guys have any ideas on how to fix a scratched disc. Do those CD Fixer things you find at Frys and Fred Myers and stuff acctually work? Or are they not all the’re made out to be… Any ideas would be apreciated. My Windows XP Pro disc is to scratched to work and being that Windows XP is no longer sold it’s worth quite a bit… :frowning:

Its difficult to repair or fix if CD has many scratched at behind of that CD. Because optic will not read smoothly to the CD. Are you back up your OS at Norton Ghost?

Brasso and patience…

I use NANOWAX by EAGLE ONE and non-woven microfiber. It works sometimes. Apply correctly and let it dry overnight. Remove correctly. I never use anything but these two things as a substitute for professional solutions. This is a MARS Grfx. original solution, so don’t tell anyone.:wink:

Toothpaste can work wonders, actually. We’ve used it several times on DVDs that we rented that wouldn’t play and they worked just fine after we massaged toothpaste into the bottom of the disk and rinsed it off.